Front Tooth Replacement
A fractured or missing front tooth can significantly alter your appearance and ability to speak and chew properly. If you are missing or have a broken front tooth, it is important to seek care from a surgeon and dentist team.
An ASIRD surgeon and dentist team will take time to discuss all aspects of your care, providing answers to questions along the way.
Tooth replacement with a dental implant requires three steps:
1. Your surgeon removes the broken tooth and places a dental implant.
2. The bone adheres to the implant in about 3 months.
3. Your dentist will then design and fabricate a custom post that fits into the implant and supports a new crown.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The loss of a front tooth is very different than that of a back tooth. A majority of patients prefer to have a temporary tooth during the healing phase. Temporary options include:
1. A removable temporary retainer (stayplate or flipper)
2. A non-removable temporary tooth placed on the implant the same day the implant is placed. This option is available if initial implant stability is adequate.
Not every dentist routinely restores and maintains dental implants, and not all placers of dental implants are surgeons. By using an ASIRD team, rest assured that your dentist routinely restores and maintains dental implants and only a trained surgeon will place your implant. By actively participating together in ASIRD qualified dental implant education programs, your team of doctors is able to offer you cutting-edge technologies and advanced innovations.
FIND YOUR ASIRD TEAM
Find the implant team in your area. The American Society of Implant & Reconstructive Dentistry (ASIRD) is growing quickly. Our highly skilled dentist and oral surgeon teams work together, utilizing state-of-the-art dental implant technology, to create your custom implant solution. To find your ASIRD team, choose a location from the map, or simply submit your zip code below.