Missing front teeth can significantly alter your appearance and ability to speak and chew properly. If you are missing or have broken front teeth, it is important to seek care from a surgeon and dentist team.
An ASIRD surgeon and dentist team will take time to discuss all aspects of your care, providing answers to questions along the way.
Tooth replacement with dental implants involves these steps:
1. Your surgeon places dental implants into strategic missing tooth sites. The bone adheres to the implants in about three months.
2. Your dentist will then design and fabricate custom posts that fit into the implants and support your new teeth.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The loss of front teeth is very different than the loss of back teeth. During your consultation, your dentist and surgeon will present options for temporary teeth while your dental implants are adhering to the bone. Temporary options include:
1. A removable temporary retainer (flipper) that looks like your own teeth
2. Non-removable temporary teeth placed on the implants the same day the implants are placed. This option is available if the initial implant stability is adequate.
3. A non-removable temporary bridge
Not every dentist routinely restores and maintains dental implants, and not all placers of dental implants are surgeons. By using an ASIRD team, rest assured that your dentist routinely restores and maintains dental implants and only a trained surgeon will place your implant. By actively participating together in ASIRD qualified dental implant education programs, your team of doctors is able to offer you cutting-edge technologies and advanced innovations.
FIND YOUR ASIRD TEAM
Find the implant team in your area. The American Society of Implant & Reconstructive Dentistry (ASIRD) is growing quickly. Our highly skilled dentist and oral surgeon teams work together, utilizing state-of-the-art dental implant technology, to create your custom implant solution. To find your ASIRD team, choose a location from the map, or simply submit your zip code below.